Thursday, January 1, 2009

Evening 4, Night 5

After I posted yesterday Alex and I took Eclipse on a short walk (longer than the others he's been on). We took him down the highway (a whole block away, barely) and walked a short block along there getting used to being by the traffic and then looped around. He did very well, not reacting at all, only getting a little closer to me when a big diesel truck drove by.

He also got to see both an ambulance and a firetruck with their sirens on. The ambulance he was facing the road when it went back and perked his ears but nothing more. The firetruck we were walking away from the road, it was getting dark and another car was passing us so he was a little overwhelmed but did fine with that as well.

He then, of course, slept.

Around 8 I took him on an even longer walk, down a side road and around a very small block but it had us walking by the highway at night. Yet again, no fear reaction. He's a little trooper and stays right by me, many times almost touching me. He's definitely a momma's boy!

After that walk he completely crashed. I woke him up at 9:30 to go potty and then we headed up to bed, where he slept peacefully until 7 this morning! Yes, he slept pretty much all day yesterday and THEN slept 9.5 hours last night. Yes, he's slept the entire night since the second night he's been here, such a sweet blessing!

He was awake for about an hour this morning, "hurrying" a couple times, eating a little bit for breakfast and pouncing on his toys before it was yet again time to sleep.

He's currently on tie-down in the dining room, getting some practice not being with me all the time and he's doing well.

That's all for now, I'll add pictures later.

Have a good one!

Ally & Eclipse

No comments:

Post a Comment