Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Never

I never thought that I would buy a pink collar for a pup and definitely Not a purple GL! I tend to not be all that girly, yes, I have heels for meetings (church), yes I own dresses and skirts (again for meeting and service) but I'm not a real big fan of purple or pink. Yes... my wedding was in purple, but that's because Alex likes a deep purple, not me /wink/ I do Really like the way they look on Eola, though!

Now, quick question for you GDB raisers! Does GDB still require that a "safety" be worn with GLs and Haltis? Just curious! I'm considering getting a safety for Eola (just a nylon slip collar) just to make myself feel better but probably won't since when properly fitted neither the GL or Halti should even be able to slip off the end of the nose! It can be a one word answer, I wouldn't mind /wink/

That's all from here, about to go on an evening walk with the sweet girl!

Ally & Alex w/ Eola, Teddy & Kira

3 comments:

  1. I am not a pink person either... but Gelly is. Who am I to deny her the pink she loves ;)

    And yes, GDB still requires the safety collar with the gentle leaders... one reason why I prefer the haltis on my pups. The little safety clip on the halti doesn't bother me like the slip collar does. I have actually taken the safety clip off a halti and put it on a gentle leader before which I liked much better. I have never once had a properly fit one come off either, and don't use a safety anything with Gelly's gentle leader now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've figured out over the years that I'm not sure its GDB that requires the safetys. It might be specific CFRs because I've met plenty of puppies who don't wear them and the raisers have no idea what I'm talking about. I love GDB, but like so many other things, this is one area that is inconsistent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our CFR just gave me the slip collar a couple weeks ago--but we've had the Gentle Leader for months. We've never had the GL come off, so to be honest, I haven't been using the slip collar. The GDB manual does talk about them, though, so I guess they do require it.

    ReplyDelete