Saturday, October 10, 2009

The word

The landlord called me yesterday while I was at work and said we're approved to live there like he knew we would be (it helps to be clean and nice when looking at places to rent!) and while he'd be out of town until Tuesday when he gets back we can put some of our deposit down to reserve it until our move-in date.

The place isn't ready to move into just yet, the carpets need steam cleaned and the paint needs touched up (and the weeds in the yard need cut down, I'm gonna see if I can put rock back there instead). Next weekend we're out of town (can't move in then) but if it's ready by the 24/25th we may move in then! All we need to do is buy a bed and we're good to go!

I have some "creative thinking" to do to expand the kitchen capacity (a buffet or shelf/cupboards of some sort) and still have a table and room to move around but all is well!

The sooner we move in the sooner I can apply for a lab puppy from CST! :-D

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the duplex. It will be exciting to be in your own place again and to be close to getting a puppy to raise.

    As far as space-saving ideas, there's an IKEA in Portland now.

    ReplyDelete