Saturday, February 27, 2010

What A Day *Edited*

Today was one of the longest days in recent memory. I slept like a rock, thankfully, thanks to not sleeping well for the past week (thanks to the oh so lovely flu) and a melatonin pill but the day drug on soo long.

I started work at 6 a.m. today and because Tabatha and I had arranged for me to get Eclipse after I got off work I took all the things I would need with me, including my camera. I had some fun with the macro setting to pass the time because I was going so crazy.
Thankfully I got off work an hour and a half early and headed up to Coreena's. From there we headed out to meet Tabatha an hour north of us. We took care of some necessary things outside (like signing another contract and agreeing to have the furr-ever friends tag on Eclipse's collar, I also gave her the tag shown above as a keepsake) then we went up to Tabatha's hotel room and I was reunited with Eclipse. As I had expected he wasn't  overly excited to see me. He definitely seemed to recognize me but it was more of a "Cool! Three people to pet me!" typical Eclipse reaction than anything. He certainly wiggled and moofed though and it was very sweet. We talked for a little bit and let Eclipse get comfortable and after Tab said goodbye we headed out.
He was very nervous in the car to begin with but after we stopped and let him potty he got a little more comfortable. He really got excited when I called him "Ciperooni", he even grabbed his baby bear and wiggling, tried to jump in my lap. We made it back to town at 4:30 and met Alex and Max at the dog park with Eva.
Their reunion was sweet, but more about that later on their blog. Suffice it to say, it was obvious they remembered each other. 
Then we went to Coreena's for a bit where we attempted to upload the photos and update the blog but I got frustrated with her internet so we decided to head to my house to let Eclipse chill. Unfortunately... I left the keys with Alex so he could get home, with the house key on it. So we headed over to Mom's where Eclipse really got excited and remembered where he was. He was looking for Teddy and Kira but of course, they weren't there.
Now I'm at home with the three dogs laying on the floor around me. I do, of course, have many more photos to edit and go through but I'm exausted and have to work at 6 a.m. again. Eclipse is comfortable here and seems very happy and we're ecstatic to have him here. Tomorrow after work and meeting we'll just chill out, maybe go on a short walk but it'll just be a bonding day and I think that tomorrow when I wake up to him here and when he's here when I get home, it will really set in that he's home to stay. No one can take him from me again, and that's a nice feeling.
*Edit* Just a fun fact, it was exactly 14 months ago that Eclipse and Eva originally arrive to our homes a puppies-in-training, now they're both our loving pets. Heather, you're right, he does look good! He's going to be going on a much higher quality food and getting supplements daily to help him out and hopefully get some much needed extra calories in him :-D It's been a rough ride for everyone involved but now, hopefully, everyone will be able to breath a sigh of relief that it's finally over and do know, I feel awful for Tabatha and her family and they will get very regular visits with him. In just over a month he'll be spending the weekend with them :-D

Sorry for the quality of the photos, I know they're not all that great, thus the new camera in a couple weeks ;-) And no photos of our initial reunion, it was a private and emotional time for all involved.

Ally, Eclipse, Teddy & Kira (That feels good to write again!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad he his home and happy :) That boy has been through some tough times, so has everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! You must be so happy :)
    He's looking pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice reunion. Glad it all worked out and you all can finally be at peace.

    ReplyDelete