Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spoons?

Today, we're going to talk about spoons. No, it doesn't have anything to do with Eclipse even though he does have a counter-surfing habit we're working on. In fact, it doesn't have anything literal to do with spoons at all.

Read this article if you're curious as to what I'm talking about.

Despite going gluten free and being "healthier" I'm still not healthy. Sometimes I wake up and have 10 spoons for the day, sometimes I have 30. It's impossible to predict how many I'll have for that day so it's impossible to plan for. We don't know the cause of this, it could be my untreated hypothyroidism or something less treatable like fibromyalgia, serious arthritis or even lupus. No one really knows at this point, although we hope to find out soon. Sometimes I use all my spoons letting the dogs in and out and feeding them breakfast and dinner, other times I can work a full day, clean the house, visit with Coreena and still have spoons to spare. I just wish my extra spoons could be like roll-over minutes... if I go over my spoons one day can I borrow ones from days before? Please?

Time to go to bed so hopefully I'll have enough spoons to make it through tomorrow. One can dream... can't they?

Ally, Eclipse, Teddy & Kira

2 comments:

  1. I found that article from Ro's blog, just so you know! :-D I think it applies to just celiac too! It is an autoimmune disease afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know whats crazy, I just read that article earlier today. I was looking something up and that popped up. I think its an incredible way to make a little more sense and give some level of understanding of what so many people go through.

    ReplyDelete