Monday, April 12, 2010

Better

I'm feeling much better today! Having Eclipse home helps me remember that he's doing great currently and we need to keep up the routine that we have to keep him that way!

It's also really helpful to be on an e-mail list for dogs with kidney issues. Some of the results on his tests could be from the infection he had, and sperm in the urine (trace amounts) could account for the trace amounts of protein. One of the big things that determine percentage of kidney funtion is OK for now, so I don't need to worry about that too much, other than worrying about keeping it where it is. Although I will definitely be getting him in for a full blood panel, as well as urine analysis as soon as I can.

Some of his symptoms and test results point to other things going on though. When I get him tested I'll also be getting a tick titer done (testing for tick borne diseases) as well as a full range of thyroid function tests. He's doing well and thriving currently, but it's best to know early than too late so we're doing everything we can.

That's really all from here, we had a great weekend, but missed our dogs horribly. Now it's back to the daily grind of fighting for unemployment and looking for employment, still hoping I get a call to go back to the Safari soon!

Have a good one!

Ally w/ Eclipse, Teddy & Kira (who have been sleeping all day!)

1 comment:

  1. Dropped by to say hello. I'm using the blogger beta template too. BTW, your blog looks great and is not hard to read at all. All your dogs are bee-aa-you-tiful. We love making new bloggy friends. Take care. We will be watching.

    KT and Lady

    ReplyDelete