Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another Month Down

I can't believe it's already been another month! Eclipse has now been home for three months and has come leaps and bounds from where he was! His stress in the car is greatly reduced and his behaviour on walks is improving although we still have a long way to go on that before it's ideal. I had a big elaborate post planned but after some disturbing news received today I'm just not up to it (suffice it to say we'll be attending a memorial service this Saturday rather than going on the hike we had planned). Maybe tomorrow we'll look back at the last three months but for now, a couple pictures should do the trick.
^Eclipse and my first photo back together^
(Yep, my sweater makes me look like a major humpback!)
^First night playing with Charlie^
^He had scabs everywhere including on his eyelids and they were red^
^His eyes are healthy now thanks to flea meds, benadryl twice daily and a very strict diet to keep itching at bay^
^Still playing with other dogs of course :-D

He's doing well and I can't believe the progress we've made in such a short time! We almost always walk on a flat collar now and if I set him up for success our walks are very successful and mostly pleasant with only a couple hiccups. Despite the progress though, I've invested in Cautious Canines by Patricia McConnell and plan on dusting off my copy of Don't Shoot the Dog by Karen Pryor for some more guidance. Progress is sweet, and it's even sweeter when the progress involves me and my favorite golden boy!

Ally & Alex w/Eclipse, Teddy & Kira

1 comment:

  1. Eclipse looks wonderful. I'm glad things are going so well. "Don't Shoot the Dog"? Well, I should hope not!

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete