Friday, May 21, 2010

That Was Short Lived

I am sorry to say that my time as a Safari employee has come to an end long, long before it should have. I won't go into too many details but in conversation with the lady that was supposed to be training me the elephant rides were brought up and in my complimenting the elephant dept. supervisor for looking out for the elephants' best interest in stopping the rides completely she thought I was speaking poorly about the supervisor. The Safari fired me for speaking poorly about my previous supervisor. I know the staffing agency is doing everything they can to straighten it out for me but it likely won't change anything, meaning that not only did I lose my job (after a whole 2.5 hours) but I've also lost any chance of returning there in the future. Suffice it to say I'm heartbroken and extremely upset and angry and I hope that my former supervisor knows that I would never speak poorly about her. While I mourn the loss of my dream job it's time to find another job as the added income is necessary.

Oh, Safari, why?

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that happened to you. It sure seems like they jumped the gun there. I hope that maybe it can be straightened out. Of course, that one person sounds a little difficult to work for if you could get fired so fast for something she thought you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry Ally. I know how much that job meant to you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I hope you can get it all sorted out and if not I wish you luck in finding a new (great) job and the people will accept you :) You don't want to work with people who don't understand you anyways!

    Sorry girl :(

    ReplyDelete