Friday, November 5, 2010

Test Results

We got the test results from the U/As and blood panels back today... We have good news and we have bad news. If you haven't looked at Coreena's blog yet, you might want to. For those of you that don't know, Coreena is my twin sister and she raised and now owns Eclipse's sister, Eva. Eva was "diagnosed" with kidney failure at 7 months but the local vets and everyone but the vets that treated her were very concerned about her kidney function from when she was 11 weeks old. She's had a couple U/As since then and the most current one, from today, they found what appear to be tumorous cells in the sample. Coreena and Max are waiting on a quote for the urine sample to be sent to an oncologist but we're hoping to sit down with the vets tomorrow and get some more information. That was the bad news.

The good news is that Eclipse's urine analysis showed that the specific gravity (concentration essentially) is well within normal range. We didn't hear anything about the blood panel but we did get an unofficial look at them when we dropped off the urine samples and all his values looked "normal" other than one which was just barely elevated. We're planning on doing a water deprivation test in the next couple months to see what his kidney function is at this point. At this point, all is well with Eclipse. It's just his sister we're in shock over. And here I was freaking out Wednesday night over my boy... worried over the wrong golden child.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your visit to my blog. I'm glad to meet you!

    I'm incredibly sorry to hear about Eva - I hope with all my heart that she is OK. I hope that the vets can offer you some good options.

    And, I hope that Eclipse continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete