Sunday, December 12, 2010

I Got It!

 I finally got my new camera yesterday! I've been wanting a DSLR for a couple years now but every time I'd go to buy one something would happen to prevent it, like we'd lose a part of our income. This time it again happened (my sister lost her job so I lost my income of watching her kids full-time) but we're in a good enough situation that when we got Alex's money from being born in Alaska we decided not to put it off any longer. (and hopefully my sister will get another job soon!) I'm having to use the flash right now due to the way our house is set up there just isn't enough light but hopefully tomorrow I'll get some shots outside of the dogs and really get to start understanding the manual settings. All the pictures in this post were shot on auto mode, which kind of defeats the purpose of the DSLR but still, it's a smart camera! 
It's a good thing I love it so much because it sure was a pain in the neck to get it! I got the Sony A330 from Costco. The A330 has been discontinued since there are newer and better models to take it's place, which means it was an awesome deal. Alex and I went to get it at 12:45 but we couldn't use our debit cards since we were over our "spending limit of the day", and since we didn't have our checkbook with us we had to leave and come home to get the checkbook. Alex had a football game to go to so I grabbed the checkbook and picked up Coreena and we went to get it. After we got everything we needed again we got to the checkout and realized I didn't have my Costco card so couldn't write a check. OY! So we came home again got my wallet, went back and got everything again and then we were all sold out of the camera! I got the display one though and was so happy since it came with two lenses and online that bundle is going for $50+ more than it was at Costco! I should have gotten them to take another $50 or so off it but I was so excited to get it I didn't care.
Oh, and Tiki update. She has demodex mange which isn't a big deal but she is getting medication for it once a day for two weeks. After her meds are gone she can start going in public. She also gained 3.4 lbs in 8 days and two days ago weighed in at 30.2 lbs! Big girl!
Ally w/Eclipse, Tiki, Teddy & Kira

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new camera! I have a DSLR that I got this year and I LOVE it! I admit that I mostly use the auto settings right now, because I am still learning about manual, but I don't think that is all bad...auto settings on a DSLR are WAY nicer than auto settings on my little point & shoot! :) Anyway, have fun learning about your camera!

    ReplyDelete