Saturday, January 8, 2011

Is It True?

Is my puppy really only 4.5 months old?
She's not terribly mature, but she's not terribly immature either. She's confident, she walks better on leash than any SDIT I've ever handled, she pays attention, she's a quick learner and she charms everyone that sees her. 
Granted, her size doesn't help her feel any younger! She's larger at this age than Eclipse was a month after he left our house at 6.5 months, and she's officially more than 2/3rds of the way to being the same weight as he is! I know she's not the biggest puppy-in-training ever, but she's certainly the largest I've raised and I fully expect her to top out at just shy of 80 lbs, which is big for a female! Husky little thing!

Thursday Coreena and I had Tiki out and about for 3 hours. Some of that time she spent in the car while we talked to our sister but we made stops are three different public places and she did great at all of them. No accidents, no issues. Of course if there's a wrapper on the floor she wants to see if it's good to eat but she's easy to re-direct and is so willing to go, and see, and do.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a better pup to help me fall back in love with raising. She's amazing. The only time she really shows her immaturity is at home playing with Eclipse and when people greet her in public. I still can't believe she's only 4.5 months old though! She seems so much older! It's not just me that realizes she can't possibly be only 4.5 months old either, our local trainer said we could go right into Level II obedience despite the fact that Tiki's still very much young enough to be in Puppy Manners! We're not going to because she could use the practive Level I provides and we'll save Level II for the second, required class.

Suffice it to say that I greatly look forward to the next 14 months with our black girl, I know she'll go far, she's already shown us that!

Ally w/The Amazing Tiki, The Goofy Eclipse, The Grouchy Old Man Teddy, & The Ever-Loving Kira

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pup!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definetly will enjoy this time with her. Puppies are the best, especially at the age she's at and the ages to come!

    Paige & Simba

    ReplyDelete