Sunday, December 1, 2013

Never Thought I'd Post This

Teddy went to a new home today.... We were going to get all his vet work done and see how he did, but then we realized he'd never be comfortable with little kids in the house and it wasn't fair to him. He's such an amazing dog, I think I'll always miss his presence but I think we found the perfect home for him, where he can be an old dog that sleeps on the furniture and doesn't have to deal with kids. To me, dogs are forever, and don't deserve to go to a new home because you've had kids BUT it wasn't fair to Teddy. His new owners are aware of the vet care he needs and will take great care of him. They have experience helping dogs live years with heart disease and called within 1.5 hours of leaving with him to let us know how he was doing.

My heart is broken, my boy is gone. I never thought I'd say goodbye to him until the day he died. I know he's where he needs to be but that doesn't take the pain away.

No comments:

Post a Comment